Go for Guava
Amazing Health Benefits of Guavas
Guava is a tropical fruit, cultivated mainly in the Asian countries. It is quite similar in shape to pear and has a rind that is green in color and changes to yellow when it becomes over-ripe. Inside the rind, which is consumed along with the fruit and not peeled, there is flesh that is either white or pinkish/reddish in color. More often than not, you can find lots of small hard seeds enveloping the soft and sweet pulp of the fruit. Guava is quite rich in Vitamin C, maybe even more than orange, apart from a number of other vitamins and minerals. Browse through the article to know about the health and nutrition benefits of eating guavas.
Guavas are beneficial in regulating blood pressure. It is said that one guava contains almost a similar amount of potassium that’s present in bananas. Potassium reverses the effects of sodium, thereby regulating the balance of blood pressure. Also, it reduces cholesterol levels in the blood by preventing it from thickening. In addition to this, Guavas contains Calcium, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Niacin, Phosphorus, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin, B, Vitamin C and Calories.
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Guava
• Guava is a very good source of vitamins, fibers as well as minerals.
• Being rich in Vitamin C, guava is effective in treating male infertility caused by sperm clumping, adhesion and other abnormalities.
• Guava has been associated with healing of wounds, when applied externally.
• Guava has general haemostatic properties and can be used for treating bleeding nose, gums and minor internal hemorrhaging.
• Guava helps cure dysentery, by inhibiting microbial growth and removing extra mucus from the intestines.
• Guava helps the body in combating free radicals produced during metabolism and aids in preventing age-related chronic diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, cataract and rheumatoid arthritis.
• Guava is one of the richest sources of dietary fiber and thus, is good for those suffering from constipation.
• Guava strengthens and tones up the digestive system and even disinfects the same.
• Guava, having high content of roughage, no cholesterol & less digestible carbohydrates, is good for those trying to lose weight.
• Guavas can improve the texture of skin and help avoid skin problems. For the purpose, you can either eat it raw or make wash your skin with a decoction of its immature fruits and leaves.
• Juice of raw and immature guavas or decoction of guava-leaves is known to bring relief in cough and cold.
• Researchers have shown that guava is pretty effective in preventing cancer and even heart diseases in people.
• The presence of complex carbohydrates and dietary fibers in guava makes it effective in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
• The presence of Vitamin C and other phytonutrients, such as caretenoids, isoffavonoids and polyphenols, in guava has led to it being an effective antioxidant.
Guava has been found to be beneficial for people suffering from the following ailments:
• Bacterial Infections
• Congestion of the Lungs
• High Blood Pressure
• Oral Ulcers
• Poor Circulation
• Prolonged Menstruation
• Swollen Gums