Rheumatology department offers a wide range of services to diagnose and treat joint, bone and connective tissue diseases. We also diagnose and treat patients with back pain. We work closely with the hospitals physiotherapy department. There are more than 120 types of rheumatic and arthritis and connected tissue diseases, with rheumatoid arthritis being the second most common disease for time off work. Early diagnosis and treatment is therefore essential in ensuring that patients can control their disease. As rheumatic diseases are mostly with multi-system involvement, so it needs state of the art treatment with collaboration of the associated diseases concerned consultants.
Acute and severely ill patients are managed in the high-tech ICU by expert healthcare professionals. Pulmonologists and intensivists supervise and treat the critical patients on ventilators. Pulmonology department is well backed up by excellent Radiology, Laboratory Services, Microbiology, and Physiotherapy departments.
- Systemic Iupus erythematosus
- Reiter’s Syndrome
- Palindromic rheumatism
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Miscellaneous syndromes involving skin & joints
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositis
- Acute rheumatic fever & Jaccoud’s arthropathy
- Systemic sclerosis and localized scleroderma
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Polymyalgia rheumatica & temporal (giant cell) arthritis Gout
- Heritable disorders of connective tissue
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis & the spondylarthropathies