Prof. Brig (Rtd) Asif Asghar
Prof. Brig (Rtd) Asif Asghar (Sitara-e-Imtiaz) is a senior consultant thoracic surgeon who has recently retired from Combined Military Hospital Rawalpindi. He has worked as full time thoracic surgeon in major tertiary care hospitals of Pakistan for last 14 years. Minimally invasive lungs(VATS) and esophageal surgery and airway surgery are his special areas of interest. He has mastered in VATS thymectomy, thoracic outlet syndrome and complex chest wall tumors excision and reconstruction. He is pioneer of single port VATS surgery in Pakistan. You can rely for diagnostic and therapeutic thoracic surgery based on services by a reliable, experienced and well trained thoracic surgeon at well reputed Kulsoom International Hoaspital. We offer you personalized and state of art perioperative and postoperative care at this hospital.
MBBS (Quaid-e-Azam university, 1988), FCPS General surgery. (2002), FCPS Thoracic surgery. (2008), Diploma single port VATS Shanghai China, Member STS USA, Member Pakistan Chest Society
He has worked as full time consultant thoracic surgeon at CMH Lahore, PNS Shifa Karachi, CMH Peshawar and CMH Rwp since 2007 to date. He pioneered the first prone Vats esophageal mobilization at CMH Lahore in 2008 for corrosive stricture. He introduced and started first time in Pakistan a novel procedure of Awake Thoracoplasties (28 cases) for TB patients who were unfit for general anaesthesia. He pioneered the pectoral muscle with skin island flap for neck anastomotic leaks in esophageal cancer pts. He has been doing minimally invasive esophagostomies, single port VATS lungs surgery, VATS thymectomy for myasthenia gravis, thoracic outlet syndrome, repair chest wall deformities and tracheal resection surgery for tracheal stenosis at CMH Rawalpindi for last 04 years.
1.VATS DECORTICATION FOR CHRONIC EMPYEMA THORACIS
2. VATS THYMECTOMY FOR MYASTHENIA GRAVIS
3. EXCISION CERVICAL RIB FOR THORACIC OUTLET SYNDROME
4. CHEST WALL DEFORMITIES REPAIR FOR PECTUS EXCAVATUM AND PECTUS CARINATUM
5. ALL PAEDIATRIC THORACIC SURGICAL CASES
6. LOCALLY ADVANCED BREAST CANCERS INVADING RIB CAGE
7. COMPLEX NECK TUMORS INCLUDING THYROID AND CANCERS OF HYPOPHARYNX
8. CORROSIVE STRICTURES OF PHARYNX, ESOPHAGUS AND STOMACH
9. TOTAL LAPAROSCOPIC AND VATS ESOPHAGECTOMY FOR CANCERS
10. COMPLEX AIRWAY SURGERY INCLUDING TRACHEAL STENOSIS
11. CHEST WALL TUMORS RESECTION AND RECONSTRUCTION
12. VATS RESECTION OF LUNGS DISEASES.
13. ALL DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES LIKE VATS, MEDIASTINOSCOPY, MEDIASTINOTOMY AND RIGID BRONCHOSCOPY